Friday, September 16, 2011

Svarga Dvidasana - Bird of Paradise

So the other day in class I was led through this pose. It’s something I had never really attempted and didn’t think I could do, but I DID!! It felt so freeing to be able to pop up into this pose. Although, mine looked more like a wilted Bird of Paradise because I was not able to fully extend the leg that is up in the air.

Bird of Paradise is actually considered to be an advanced pose, so I was even more excited about that. My practice seems to be coming along stronger and faster than I think. I keep telling myself that I’m not growing, or can’t do this or that pose, but I seem to keep surprising myself. I have to get out of my head, and into my body so to speak.

Svarga Dvidasana is great as a hip opener, stengthens the standing leg, and helps to calm a scattering mind. And as a pose, it just looks cool to do. Now to find an amazing location to do this pose for a picture to add to Birding Pics

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations...I look at that and have no idea how anyone can do that pose - wilted or not. Sounds like you need to keep reminding yourself that you are growing, expanding your poses and really improving!

    ReplyDelete